Friday, December 31, 2010

It's I Who Builds Community

On my way home from a date with my dearest cousin, I scrambled to see Kenneth Cobonpue's gift to the Cebuano people. I've been hearing and reading advertisements about this so called "gift" which was located at the SM City Cebu, particularly the Northwing. I was expecting to see a red chair made of rattan with lights underneath it as depicted in his "I <3 Cebu" billboard. So there I was in the middle of the Northwing looking for a red chair. All I saw were red...red ornaments from the Christmas trees! Not a chance, I thought so.  I scanned around the wing not losing hope and I found this...







...which was similar to his design entitled "little people".

The design was entitled "Community". I really don't have any background on the design and what that really meant. Haha. But seriously, all I could think of are the words unity and cooperation. A simple artwork isn't just a mere display of talent. I take this as a wake up call to every Filipino to start building a community founded with unity and cooperation. It takes one red person to make that difference. This might be you.



Hugs and much love,



Feanne




P.S. It's the last day of the year!:) Happy New Year to you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment