Tuesday, June 5, 2012

From sausages to salad (an experience reiterated)


Yesterday, Monday, may have been my first "inorganic" breakfast and my first morning of not waking up to seeing fellow youths all groggy yet fired with energy. After coming home from the 3 day trip to Bacolod, being in my own bed feels unusual.

True enough, I was back to having sausages and hotdogs; pure processed foods. Unlike what we used to have, salads and all the greens you could ever imagine of was the meal. It seemed like a big change for me, a huge shift.

Change may have been the ringing word all throughout - change of heart, change of attitude and more importantly a change of decision. The camp taught me how to live out of my comfort. Out of the luxury of my own room, electronic gadgets and the world that was hard for me to leave – the news world AKA current events.


If there were things that I was so grateful of during the camp, I’d narrow it down to three.

First, I’m thankful for the clay. If it weren’t for the clay, I would not have understood what it meant to be shaped. I have always thought of living my life as I wanted it to, making sure my days and months are structured as how I would want them to be. Yet, no this life is not my own.

Second, I’m thankful for the farm. Yes, the big BIGGGGGGGG farm or garden watchamacalit. My memories of planting little seedlings into their containers making sure they would not die are still very vivid to me. What about sandwiches?  It was truly fulfilling.

Lastly, thank you Lord for the salbabidas! Being afloat on such objects while gripping tight to the person next to you mirrored the exact role of the church. This deepened my understanding on how the church really works for a young person like me. I would love to narrate in detail what happened down the lazy river but my space is not luxurious enough. But out of the grueling 11 minutes of splashes and pushing and water balloons, the one thing I could say is that the world has “no mercy”.  You just have to keep fighting and paddling to the one thing that would take you out of the dark world – the church.

And so life has gone back to reality. For many of us its school and for some they go back to work. The three day experience may have ended a new life has just begun. My change of decision? To live a life that allows God to shine through it. Have a blessed day!

1 comments:

Bamboo Ranada said...

Simply Amazing. :)

Post a Comment