Thursday, July 26, 2012

I miss Kim, my best friend


It must have been God’s destiny of putting us into a state of friendship.

A difficult algebra equation glued you and me, together with another fellow. With that, we became best friends.

I never knew who you were when I first entered the rigid walls of the Cebu Normal University nor do I have the slightest idea of your gift of gab as you approached me.

The Math period was our bonding moment. You taught me how to be patient with student teachers who couldn’t fluently speak English when they are supposed to be. Every problem was our mountain to climb.

The months rolled and we never lost our bond. My lonely lunch is now with a company of two. From then on, we called ourselves best friends. We graduated with the promise of staying together but the destiny was never in our favor.

College brought changes. You chose to pursue your dreams of being a nurse in the same university while Pearl and I chased our ambitions in the national state university. Although worlds apart, we managed to keep in touch. It was only in that fateful day when our friendship broke.

It was the day where we should have went to visit our God daughter at night her but you chose to hang out with our high school friends, then go home. It felt like you totally forgot about an agreement made. The pact was still so vivid to me.

However, I have failed to understand your side. Your parental situation propelled my anger into selfishness which I was never really proud of. I’m sorry for being such a bratty best friend. I simply disappointed and felt being lied to. Exactly why I couldn’t bring myself to talk to you, I was hurt.

With all honesty, I miss your mini lectures on nursing lessons. I also miss your laughter and your company.  Moreover, I miss Kim, my best friend.

I know time heals all scars. But I do not know how long yours will. If time wouldn’t allow me to be present before it does, I would want to say thank you. Thank you for the past 7 years that we’ve been together. You were always there for me. When I was at the back the foot of the bus’ wheel crying, you knew how to comfort me. During the times of my success, you have never failed to support me being in every performance and quiz bowl I was part of. Did you know I always feel victorious whenever I see you and pearl in the crowd?

Part of me owes it to you. Thank you for correcting my flaws and mistakes.

I hope everything is fine with your studies and family. The type of person that you are mirrors success. I’m not asking for anything in specific, but I wish we can share our happiness to one another again.

Take care. God bless.

Lovingly,

Peng :)







**Non-credit writing assignment submitted on July 23, 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment