Saturday, December 29, 2012

Looking back: 2012

Me and Pearl during her 18th Birthday Party

January: Beginning

The beginning of the year, kicked off by a special debut of a special person in my life - my Best friend Pearl. It was a month of beginnings and first. I was looking forward to a great 2012... and I did.

February: Defeat

Claiming by "Most Naning" Award
The infamous defeat and most painful failure in my life - losing to the position that I have aspired the most. I look up to this day as the most blessed one of 2012. Despite pain, I saw who really cared for me and believed in me. Among them were loved professors and Fine Arts friends.

March: Direct

The Trio and Prof. Ligaya Rabago- Visaya
Never in my wildest dreams did I intend to direct a video production, but I did. Twice, to be exact. I finished the second semester winning two best director awards for two films. One from UPelikula awarded the month before and from the zoom in, zoom out film festival.

April: Write

My first weekly column in The Freeman came out during the month of April. At first it was scary while I held my apprehensions but it turned out to be a good avenue for me to speak in behalf of the youth. Exciting!

The Casipong sisters, students for 2 years

May: Recital

One of the joys of being a teacher is when you are able to see the fruit of your labor onstage. The month of may was filled with performances and practices that made me very proud as a music teacher. 

June: Win

CAMS 2012 election
The sweetest downfall also yields the sweetest success. After a year of being in the Cebu Alliance of Mass Communication Students (CAMS), I was elected this year as the President. Being the leader of the entire organization was a big challenge but a challenge so sweet that every endeavor is a joy to me.

July: Believe

Goofing around with Kara David and fellow officers
Probably the most unforgettable CAMS event in my life is the I-witness Documentary Festival. The officers were privileged enough to spend time with the four hosts - Kara David, Sandra Aguinaldo, Jay Taruc and Howie Severino.

August: Celebrate

Feeling like a true reporter inside the ABS-CBN Cebu's TV Barn
In celebration of TV Patrol Central Visayas' 24th anniversary, we kicked the mechanics of the annual campus patrol live broadcasting competition. It was a milestone for CAMS to co-organize two big events in two months. Amazing! This here is also my most liked profile picture. 

3rd Best Director award for 2012

September: Grow 

One of my favorite Cebuano plays, Ang Mini, was bought to life by my very own classmates. We won Best Director (me), Best Actress (Rejzl Awit), Best Supporting Actress (Angela Naval), Best Set Design and BEST PLAY!
Scene from "Ang Mini"

October: Performance

Teacher's recital, Chu un Temple 
Even if I haven't been teaching that much anymore, I was still invited to perform during CMLC's teacher's recital. It felt s good to still be able to sing and play the violin in front of an audience. Well actually, I kind of miss it. I miss playing the music.

November: Heights

Flying high sitting on preferred seats
Out of 800+ students who applied to be part of the country's prestigious leadership training, Ayala Young Leader's Congress (AYLC), I was called to fly to Manila for the final panel interview. Little did I know that I will be on the high heights of Makati's skyscrapers being with fellow young leaders across the nation and talking to top executives of great companies. Another great privilege, indeed.

December: Family

The most meaningful month of the year is spent well with family, bonds that are beyond blood but bound by cherished moments and friendship. December may have been the last month but each day has been filled with wonder as I wake up realizing that 2012 hasn't been that bad at all.

My cousins in Manila, 6 years after

College family: B&B Productions!

Moving on: 2013

2012 was not that bad at all! So, 2013, what have you got for me?

Miss UP, AYLC 2013, ABS-CBN Cebu and The Freeman internship and more!

Thank you Lord for this gift of Life. What is your 2012 story? =)

Hugs and love,

Feanne






**PS: Watch out for Verbal Variety's new look on 2013!

0 comments:

Post a Comment