Sunday, June 26, 2011

Birthday Greeting

So much has passed. Yes, within a span of six years this woman has grown. Back when we were still in junior youth camp where we were short and young, we felt like we knew everything. It was as if we were only there for the fun, for the adventure. More than that, we were expected to learn about life. I did, I don't know with the rest. Even found a friend, never thought she'd turn out to be one of the best. 

2006 JY Camp
Few years passed and it was just a typical hi hello over the internet. Constant travel to her hometown never really made us close, well maybe a bit. It took another powerful camp to pull the bonds much closer. By the time I was a senior in high school, I came to discover the woman whom I have journeyed learning with.

2009 Youth Camp
She was a friend, even more like a sister. Set apart from those I have treated the same with. What I admired was her patience, her persistence, her determination. I lost a few steps, back tracked a bit and got entranced with the big walls of college. I sheepishly took for granted our precious friendship which we've spent so much on to cultivate and grow. However, what seemed to be gone still persisted. I thought I'd lost her then and there, but she still remain and I know from what she has shown, I will too.

Her visit during my highschool graduation

And now that she's turning a year old when the clock says it's already time for her to do so (not on her own discretion of course haha) there's nothing more to wish for her but the will of the Lord to be fervently followed by her. Things may not be the same as when we were once young but I definitely know that we can always more forward, or fly for the very least. May she be blessed in all her endeavors in life. Lord knows I love this woman even I'm the meanest person in the world. nineteen years of existence, nineteen years of struggle, pain and happiness. Life truly isn't what we always wish for, but we can always adhere to what the heavens may be asking from us.


For all the laughters, tears, stories and endless chikkas, you deserve a blast!
 Happy Birthday, manay, Angel Rubio. You are always loved. Enjoy Cebu!


0 comments:

Post a Comment