Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What was left behind

Being a sophomore does not mean a lot. Sure, I've been in these halls for more than twelve months or so but what is it to me. I do not know the past nor the future of this known institution. Sitting upon an old office with tons of back issues by the the official school publication, I realized there is still much to know.

Fidgeting on what was scattered all over the place I took notice of how the students of the past showed their enthusiasm on school. Contrary to the apathy of what is of today, they were involved in everything - from issues to political party conflicts even up to outside forces that have concerned the school. Yet here we are left with nothing but a mere office loaded with a heap of old newspapers and maybe a couple of other things which can be deemed useful. 

I then wonder on what has been left behind by the previous batches who has stepped forth in the institution. They have produced such quality yet what has happened? I do not know what or who to blame nor do I want to. The times have changed and technology has taken over attention of what has seemed to be useless for some. There is so much to do and a span of time. Lucky for me, I still have more or less three years left to spare in this institution. Maybe we cannot really rely on the past after all but we can learn from them. Their mistakes, their failures, their triumphs and success. So I write without any hesitation that a left publication would come to life again. What was once strong and colorful will be alive again, tug-ani will rise again. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment