Saturday, December 31, 2011

The year that was....

Ah, we've come to the last day of the year. So much has happened for the past months. I had my best and my worst. Let's take a look at my 2011.




JANUARY
After seven years of courtship, they got married. I got to be a bridesmaid together with my two best friends. Walking down the aisle was a piece of cake. But watching our mentor and motherly friend take every step closer to her groom, tears fell to our eyes.













FEBRUARY
Cheered and screamed for a classmate to win. Supported her campaign and I swear to God she should have made it. Congratulations, she was still our Miss UP Cebu.





MARCH
Experienced my first ever recognition for college. One of my firsts in UP. This certificate is all my hard work.











APRIL
Summeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer! Enrolled myself in voice lessons and had a part time job teaching kids violin at a local music school. Had fun with friends, first and ONLY free summer for my college life. Did I mention that I survived a year in UP? Well, you bet I did!





MAY
Recitals were everywhere left and right. There was my own recital and the recital of my students.










JUNE
Classes resume and I was busy as ever. Elected as the Vice-Chairperson for external affairs meant taking care of CAMS. It was tedious and heartbreaking, yet fun.  Here's a photo of me and the first years with Rachelle Dangin from ABS-CBN.





JULY
My first time to be in a benefit gala. I didn't just eat, but performed and was the photographer of the night. I owe so much to my CMLC family. It was on that night that I felt so close to my students and to my mentors. This picture over here is me with Mr. Anthony Saligue before he left for Europe. One of my mentors in playing the violin.




AUGUST

I am just proud of Pinoy Talent! One of the concerts I have attended this year is "Tayo'y Mga Pinoy", a thanksgiving performance of the Mandaune Children's Youth and Children's choir and the Asian Troubadours. Here's Kuya Jake Gacang, one of my friends in the music industry. He is now a show violinist, touring the world. :)









SEPTEMBER
Turned legal! Finally an adult. But in this world today, 18 is still too young for living a life on our own. Still, I'm thankful for the many things that I have happened to me in my childhood. I didn't have a debut. So what? I was with the people I love. Its another chapter in my life to start.







OCTOBER
Sembreak = fun. Of those days where I just want to spend time with my girls, fall off a huge stuffed toy animal and laugh while getting up. Priceless memories.








NOVEMBER
Changed my hair color. Yes, from black to red brown. And no, I didn't convert myself into a badjiao. I just felt like I needed to change my look. I cut my hair short, didn't style it and dyed it. A big leap for untouched hair.










DECEMBER
I was able to get inside the Cebu Cultural Center and see the Cebu Symphony Orchestra! It was a hell of a night. Don't get me started on the place, it's full of you-know-whats government scandals.






Well, what a year. What's there to look forward? 2012, can you hear me? Let's go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment