Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Something real

"Aren't I lovely? Do you want me? Coz I am desperate, for something that would make me real."

Those lines from a contemporary christian song kept bothering me over the weekend. Not because I was in the position from the lyrical context of the song, but someone close to me was on my mind. I kept humming the song's melody and most of my friends felt the same thing. "Where is she now?", we all asked in unison. Who knows. We kept on praying for her, never in the world did we thought it'd end up like that.

For me it wasn't something real. I was in denial, a stage that would haunt me for the longest time. Maybe it's just a phase, I would often tell myself. But the more I do, the more I can feel the touch of reality that nothing's going to happen. Most of us are certain about how we think, not knowing the truth behind every thought.

Maybe it's an issue of letting go and moving on. We all want something real in our lives. Something to hold on to until we can still do. And it's an issue of having to grow. In this christian world, we all need maturity and indeed it takes a lot of time. We don't hold the future no matter how certain we may be.


0 comments:

Post a Comment