Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Silly Childhood

Take a walk down the streets of the neighborhood and you would notice less kids than how it was ten years ago. Back then, our afternoons were always colorful. We used to play with our slippers in the game tumba lata or run around the cracks of the street in patintero and even hide behind trees under the limelight for tago-tago. I doubt kids these days know what they are. The children of today are branded as the "digital babies", hence their love for everything digital. My seven year old cousin craves for flash games on the computer. I couldn't imagine myself surrendering my 20-20 vision very early. Needless to say, I'm proud to have been part of the generation who knew how to run around with a Good Morning towel on his/her backs.

Childhood friends

If the world cannot keep up with technology replacing good 'ol childhood games, I hope and I pray that parents would have the initiative to do so. After all, it's their duty to teach their children. I don't think a simple childhood outdoor game would do any harm, wouldn't it? It can even pave way to family bonding time. 

Enjoy the rainy season.


Feanne



P.S. I'm the ltitle round girl with a silly hair clip and short hair. :))



0 comments:

Post a Comment